I was bored one day this summer, and wrote this down to do in my bullet journal, and then kind of forgot about it until now. So I managed to complete this challenge anyways in between work and other work.
I really like this spread, actually. I think it looks pretty. Also, I had these Day 1, Day 2, etc stickers lying around and wanted to use them up.
So, the challenge
It’s just a list of seven questions about the course of a life. I modified some of them so that I can answer them more easily.
- Do you want to go to college/are you in college? What do you want to do?
- Lol I’ve graduated college already. But I want to be a researcher and a professor, so I gotta head on back to school for that PhD soon.
- Where do you want to live when you get your own home? Why?
- Somewhere quiet, like just outside of a midsize city that has affordable housing and is close to good public transportation and various stores and stuff. I actually really liked living in St. Louis while I was there for college, so somewhere similar to there.
- What kind of house do you want to live in?
- If alone, a small apartment that’s nice and cozy. If with other people/person, a larger apartment where I have my own bathroom, or a townhouse. Somewhere with no yard, so I don’t have to worry about it. A nice kitchen and a nice bathroom, definitely.
- Do you want to get married? What do you want your wedding to be like?
- I’m mostly indifferent to marriage. I guess if I meet someone compatible we can talk then. The wedding though. I have exactly one strict requirement, and that is for the wedding cake to be many different normal cakes of all different flavors and stuff. Like I can choose just one cake, please.
- Do you want children? What do you want to name them and why?
- I don’t really want kids. I think they’re cute, but also too high maintenance. If I do want a kid, I definitely want to adopt, probably an older kid. And if they are open to it, I’d like to give them a meaningful Chinese name in addition to their actual name.
- When you retire, do you want to move anywhere special?
- Somewhere quiet with nice scenery. And very affordable so I can live in comfort. Also, I want to live a peaceful life and watch the sunrise.
- Are you afraid of death? How do you want to die?
- This is a tricky question because I’ve had suicidal thoughts before (luckily never attempted). I guess I’m kind of afraid? Ideally, I’d like to die peacefully and painlessly in my sleep with no regrets. The no regrets thing is the ideal part. But yeah, something with no fuss.
This challenge was very low-effort. Like, I did think about my future, but it was mostly on a shallow level, so it’s very low-immersion. It’s a nice diversion to everyday life, so yeah.
The original challenge can be found on heckyeahtumblrchallenges.tumblr.com